The definition of a Schedule I Drug in the U.S.
- The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
- The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical treatment use in the U.S.
- It has a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision.
- The way people consume it to excess is evident by our health issues and its wide use in many food items. Once you start eating sugar it’s hard to stop. It's readily available with no age restrictions.
- Processed Sugar doesn’t promote health at all, Sugar is toxic in the blood stream which is why the pancreas produces insulin, which prompts cells to absorb blood Sugar for energy or storage.
- I don’t know any doctor that would see a symptom and say, "Processed Sugar is the solution."
It’s clear to see how this qualifies. I’m not saying it’s only Sugar that’s causing our health issues, but as with almost everything, there are multiple causes. The number one reason for preventable death in America is heart disease. Obesity and nutrition are causes for heart disease. If we want to solve our problems we must go to the source.